Ever since I was a kid, I have been very self-conscious about my dry skin and struggled to keep it moisturized during the winter. It turns to this flaky-white-rough-scaly skin that itches and burns. If it goes untreated, it becomes eczema.
After years of trying many products and even changing my diet, I decided to make my own organic hemp body butter. I learned that living in New York City can make skin extremely sensitive from the mixture of dry air, artificial heat, and air pollution. My skin needed organic minerals and vitamins. I required a moisturizer that shields the skin from the external environment and at the same time, nourishes and hydrates it.
Making hemp body butter was one of the best things I have ever done in my life. My skin glows and motorized for the entire day without having to reapply. It took over a year to perfect the recipe, and now, I am ready to share it in hopes that it helps your skin as it did for me.
Please note that if you don’t want to make your own body butter (it can be time-consuming and messy), but are interested in it, please contact me for more details. I am more than happy to make you a fresh (8 oz.) batch for $29.
What you’ll need:
- Organic cold-pressed, unrefined Hemp seed oil
- Organic cold-pressed Avocado oil
- Organic, Fractionated Coconut oil
- Organic Handcraft pure sweet Almond oil
- Organic cold-pressed unrefined Mango Butter
- Organic unrefined Shea Butter
- Organic unrefined Cocoa Butter
- Organic Essential oil of your choice (recommend to mix Lavender and Geranium for a calming and sweet floral scent)
Materials & Equipment
- Pyrex Measuring Cups (1 cup & 4 cup)
- 8 oz or 16 oz glass or plastic containers you choose the size of the container
- 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixture
- Stainless Steel Double Boiler
Instructions (Ratio 60% Butter & 40% oil)
- Use the 1 Cup and measure 1/2 of Mango, Shea, and Cocoa Butter.
- Place 1/2 mango butter, 1/2 shea butter, and 1/2 of cocoa butter (Ratio: 60%) in the double boiler and begin to melt it.
- As the butter melts pour 1/4 of Hemp oil, 1/3 Avocado oil, 1/3 Almond oil, and 1/3 Coconut oil. (Ratio: 40%)
- Once the butter is completely melted, and the oils are all mixed in, pour it into the (4 Cup) measuring cup and allow it to cool for twenty minutes.
- Then place the melted butter-oil in the freezer for 30 – 40 minutes until it is almost hardened. Freeze it until it’s semi-solid – not too soft, not too hard. You should be able to press your finger in easily and make a dent. If it’s not whipping up, put it back in the freezer to harden a little more. TIP: make sure to cover the container in the freezer (with a lid or towel) so that no condensation drips into your butter!
- Use five to ten drops of essential of your choice. Make sure to do it right before whipping the semi-hardened butter-oil.
- Use the Electric Hand Mixture to whip it for 5 minutes!
- When the butter is entirely soft and whipped, pour it in the 8 oz or 16 oz plastic/glass container.
Cleaning up the mess!
It is fun to make body butter, but it is a pain to have to clean it all up. Therefore, have a sponge that is used only for cleaning after making body butter. If you use your regular dishwashing sponge, it will get ruined! Make sure to soak the double boiler and measuring cups in dishwashing soap first for at least a full hour before washing it. That way, it is easier.
Where and How to apply the hemp body butter?
Since the hemp body butter is made out of organic ingredients with rich vitamins and minerals, you can apply it on your entire body, face, lips, nails, and hair! Within a week or two, you’ll notice your skin glow, hair shine, and nails grow!
Since it is rich, use only a small tablespoon when applying it to sections of the body and hair. It is recommended to apply twice a day, once in the morning and before bed. It is not necessary to use a handful unless you have extremely dry hair or skin and using it as a treatment. If you are using it as a substantial treatment, lessen the amount applied after a week.
How long does it take to make the body butter?
It takes about 30 minutes, not counting the time you have to wait while it hardens because you can do other things in the meantime. Make sure to use a timer!
Can you use it on children?
Yes! However, make sure that your child is not allergic to any of the ingredients.
How long does 8 oz of body butter lasts?
It all depends on how much you use. It can vary from one month to three months. Some people can make the body butter last for six months.
*For any remaining body butter, make sure to place it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
How do you purchase the Hemp Body Butter if you don’t want to make your own?
I am taking payment through PayPal since it is an easy and safe way to make transactions. All I would need is your name and email so that I can send you the payment request. Once you purchase the body butter, allow 3 – 5 business days to ship it. If you’d like a specific scent or any particular question, please email me and let me know!
- 8 oz $29 (any scent of your choice)
- 2x 8 oz. $53 + sample size